What data do we collect?
The Shrine collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, mailing address, etc.)
- Credit card and payment information
- Certain non-identifiable information based on your use of this website
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the Shrine with the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a form on our website.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
The Shrine collects your data so that we can:
- Process your transactions.
- Provide customer service.
- Email you with special offers and upcoming Shrine events we think you might like.
- Improve the functionality of this website and for system administration purposes.
When the Shrine processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
The Shrine securely stores your data on servers in the United States. We give access to individually identifiable information about our users only to those employees who require it to fulfill customer service requests.
The Shrine will keep your individually identifiable information indefinitely.
You post content on the website at your own risk. Although we allow you to set preferences and permissions that limit access to your pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any preferences or permissions or security measures contained on this website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of Individual Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other individuals have copied or stored your Individual Content.
The Shrine would like to send you information about events, products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop the Shrine from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us.
What are your data protection rights?
The Shrine would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request the Shrine for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the Shrine correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the Shrine to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the Shrine erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the Shrine restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the Shrine’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the Shrine transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – the Shrine uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – the Shrine uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that the Shrine has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
The Shrine may change, supplement, or amend this notice as it relates to your future use of this website from time to time, for any reason.
The Shrine does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to the Shrine or on this site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.